Thursday, May 24, 2012

Easy Blueberry Buttermilk Cake


A simple summer cake loaded with fresh, juicy blueberries in a lightly sweetened, moist buttermilk cake. And yes, it's light too!


The blueberries are the star of this cake, and I didn't think it needed any frosting. I simply topped it with a little powdered sugar before serving (completely optional) or you can even serve it with some whipped topping (or Greek yogurt) on the side.


I took a poll on the Skinnytaste Facebook fan page and asked what kind of baker you are, one who bakes from scratch or one who prefers quick recipes using a box cake as an ingredient, and the overwhelming response was you all like to bake from scratch!

So I set out to make this cake loaded with fresh blueberries without all the butter you would normally find in most cake recipes, and I was so pleased with the results. You will be too!!

Baking low-fat is tricky and requires a few rounds of experimenting. This luckily only took two attempts – first attempt I didn't use buttermilk and used double the apple sauce and although it worked, it was a little dense where this final cake is perfectly moist and fluffy.

Thumbs up all around in my house with the final version, from my 2 year old to the adults! 




Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment