Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Asian Cabbage Mango Slaw


Light, fresh and crisp slaw made with shredded cabbage, carrots, lime juice, rice vinegar and a slightly under-ripe mango topped with sesame seeds. A perfect side to fish, pork and even burgers.

Feels like summer here in New York, I bet a lot of you are firing up your grill, and what's more popular than cole slaw with those burgers and grilled meats! When I make a slaw, I never make the creamy mayonnaise slaw like they sell in the deli with all the sugar in it, I actually despise the stuff! I prefer to keep it light and fresh.

Slightly under-ripe mango's are used in this recipe. In South America, a typical street food snack is under-ripe mango with lime juice and salt. The mango isn't quite sweet yet and the texture is firm which is perfect for cutting the mango into strips for this recipe. You can use red cabbage or white or a combo of both. Sometimes I buy it pre-shredded to save time, it's even great with broccoli slaw! This lasts a few days refrigerated.


Gluten-free, low-carb, dairy-free, vegan and egg-free.
Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment