Friday, April 1, 2011

Chewy Low Fat Banana Nut Oatmeal Cookies


Move over chocolate chip cookies, I just found my favorite new cookie! The flavors of banana nut bread in a scrumptious oatmeal cookie. Experience a wonderful array of textures and flavors in every bite; nutty, chewy, salty, sweet.

After making my Low Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies last week someone commented that they liked using mashed bananas in place of applesauce and that sparked an idea. If I could take everything I love about banana nut bread and make them into a cookie, how amazing will that be? Well I can tell you... AMAZING!

As noted on my Low Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe, it's crucial not to over-bake these if you want them chewy. The banana puree makes them moist and if overcooked they will become dry so if you're not sure if your oven runs hot it's probably best to take them out a minute earlier. Ripe bananas are a must!

A Warning To All: Only make these if you have people to help you eat them, they are highly addictive! Once again, serving size is two cookies, you'll thank me for that. Have a great weekend everyone!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment