Monday, February 21, 2011

Prosciutto, Arugula and Balsamic Sandwich


Prosciutto di Parma, peppery arugula, sweet balsamic and heart healthy olive oil on french bread is a winning combination.

The addition of prosciutto in this sandwich is a perfect example of using meat as a condiment. It has so much concentrated flavor, that a little goes a long way. I load this up with arugula and balsamic (sometimes I add fresh tomatoes and shaved parmesan) and I'm one happy camper!

French bread or baguettes are usually fat free, so that's my bread of choice when I make a sandwich. Always check nutritional info because some brands add oil. And by the way, I cheated and scooped out some of the bread to give me a larger sandwich for less carbs, I think this is a Long Island thing, we do that with bagels too!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment