Sunday, February 6, 2011

All Natural Cough-Control 'Tea'

Since I have been feeling icky the last couple of days, I thought this was worth re-posting. This tea is so soothing and such a wonderful relief for your cough and sore throught, it really works! Herbs are amazing natural healers, detoxifiers and soothers. I recently found a 'bed time' tea from my fav tea maker, Republic of Tea, that I have fallen head over heals for! I'm not a big fan of chamomile tea and so I was really happy when I tasted this tea and it was fantastic! It's a blend of  organic rooibos, soothing chamomile, passionflower and the mellowing properties of Valerian. Not only did it taste wonderful but it made me relaxed and sleepy. I fell asleep and stayed asleep all night. This is nothing short of a miracle for me!


I use this tea along w the lemon, herbs and honey concoction I talk about below to
sooth my cough, throat and chest.

Republic of Tea's 'Be Well' line is fabulous! Check out these wonderful tea's for your every ailment!






Sizing up 25 studies on over-the-counter cough medicine, a recent research review published in "The Cochrane Library" determined that there's no good evidence for or against the effectiveness of cough formulas such as Robitussin and Mucinex.

For natural, reliable cough relief, try a tea recipe recommended by Tieraona Low Dog, M.D., director of education at the University of Arizona's Program in Integrative Medicine.
It features thyme, which alleviates chest congestion and supports respiratory function, along with
throat-soothing honey, sage, and vitamin-C-rich lemon.

From Body+Soul, May 2008






I've made this several times now for myself and my children and it is a God send! Which should come as no surprise since Nature usually knows best. It works. It's good. It's soothing.





All Natural Cough-Control Tea


1. Pour 8 oz. hot water over 2 teaspoons organic lemon rinds, 1 teaspoon sage, and 1/2 teaspoon thyme. (Dried or fresh herbs can be used.)

2. Cover and steep for 15 minutes

3. Strain "tea", then add juice of 1/2 lemon and 1 tablespoon Organic honey.

4. Drink two to three cups daily for cough relief.

*** You can also add this mixture to a cup of your favorite bedtime tea or apple cider for kids.

 Yes, I have made this for myself and my small children and not only does it work but they love it. I recently put this 'tea' in my 15 month old's sippy cup and her horrible croopy cough sounded better immediately!
I promise it works so much better than OTC cough medications and is much safer and better for you!


*** Most pediatricians DO NOT recommend feeding infants under 12 months of age honey. After 12 months of age you can introduce pasteurized honey or Organic honey to your child. Here is a good site for information on feeding your baby honey. Wholesome baby food












No comments:

Post a Comment