Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti



Biscotti is the perfect grown up cookie. Easy to recognize by their long crescent shape. When hard and crispy, it's perfect for dipping into your coffee. A moister biscotti, which is how I like my biscotti, is perfect to eat by itself or with a glass of (fat free) milk.

Biscotti is baked twice, first it's shaped into a log and baked, then it's sliced on an angle and and baked a second time. Traditional biscotti contains no butter or oil and has a crispy, crunchy texture. This is the cookie you want to dip into your java. Adding just a little butter transforms this into the most addictive cookie you'll probably ever make.

I asked my Facebook fans which recipe they preferred, the one with or without butter and the results were 50/50... so I'm posting both.

This is the butter free version. This was more of an experiment I wasn't planning on posting. I cut them too soon, so the chocolate chips smeared a bit but I didn't care because these weren't going to make it to the blog. I had them on my counter and my daughter, the chocoholic in the house, came home from school and must have tasted one and raved about them. Asked me to pack them in her lunch for snack. My non-dieting skinny teen liked these!

A lot!!

Ate them all!! So they made the cut.


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment