Monday, October 29, 2012

Potato Parsnip Mash



Potatoes and parsnips mashed together with a little garlic, sour cream and butter make a surprisingly tasty side dish. The parsnips add a slightly sweet and spicy taste to the potatoes that I really enjoyed.

Hurricane Sandy is keeping most of us New Yorkers indoors today. So far I haven't lost power so I figured I would share this recipe in case I do later (crossing fingers I won't).

I had bought these parsnips the other day with no real plans for them, and decided I would try them mixed into my mashed potatoes. Parsnips, quite honestly are not a vegetable I grew up eating, so I never really know what to do with them. In the past, I've added them to stews and soups but I was pleasantly surprised how well they tasted mixed in with potatoes. My husband agreed, and they made a wonderful side dish to the roast beef I prepared in the oven.

Do you have a favorite way you enjoy parsnips? Would love to hear how you prepare them!




Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment