Thursday, August 23, 2012

Raspberry Coconut Chia Pudding Pops


Chia pudding, in a popsicle!

Quite frankly, when I thought up this idea I didn't know what to expect. I recently saw a recipe for rice pudding pops which sparked this idea. I LOVE chia pudding and I love coconut milk, so I figured how bad could they be so I basically recreated my mango coconut chia pudding using raspberries in place of the mango.

The results... fabulous!

The texture, the flavor and the little bits of fruit in each bite. They are refreshing and delicious and virtually guilt free! Don't be scared, give them a try! I used Nu-Natural liquid stevia (my favorite stevia) but you can use whatever sweetener you prefer, and sweeten it to your taste.

And by the way, if you are new to chia... chia (yes, same chia as a chia pet) is an ancient grain eaten by the Mayans and Incas. It has a lengthy list of essential fatty acids that support heart health, plus fiber which helps support normal functioning of the digestive tract. It also keeps you full for longer periods of time, so it's great to add to cereal, muffins, etc. If you can't find them in your health food store or Trader Joe's you can buy them on amazon.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment