Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Escarole Soup with Turkey Meatballs (Italian Wedding Soup)


A delicious, easy one pot meal!

It makes a lot, which makes it perfect to make ahead and freeze in portions for lunch or dinner for the month.

This recipe is one from the archives, I re-made it this week and thought I would re-photograph it and give it a face-lift. My teen loves this soup, so I make it often just for her. When she was younger I used to pack this in her thermos to bring to school as a hot lunch.

The name "Italian Wedding Soup" as a reference to the "marriage" of greens and meat in the soup. A favorite in my house, this lightened up version is delicious and satisfying. If you want to keep it low-carb you can leave the pasta out.



My toddler will eat it without the greens. If you can't find escarole, any dark leafy green would be great. Serve this with a good quality grated cheese on the side!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment