Friday, August 10, 2012

Chilled Lobster Salad with Sweet Summer Corn and Tomatoes


The perfect light summer salad, made with sweet summer corn, grape tomatoes, garden herbs and chilled steamed lobster. Serve this for two as a main dish salad or for four as a first course as pictured here.


It's Friday, which is often date night – a movie, dinner out at a great restaurant or sometimes just cocktails with couples. But as much as I love getting out, sometimes it's nice to have date night at home, in my comfy clothes with a glass of wine and a good movie on TV. Maybe you're single and date night for you is curling up with a good book and your cat, or a date with your girlfriends catching up on the latest gossip. Whatever you like to do with your Friday nights, this salad will make any night feel special!


August is a great time to buy lobster here on Long Island, I can usually get great specials from my local Lobster farm. And the best part about buying my lobster from a lobster farm is that they also steam it for me at no extra cost. It's not that I can't cook my own lobster, it's just that if given the choice, I'd rather not. If you don't have that luxury, here is a great video from Fine Cooking that shows you how to do it, (vegetarians look away).

Swap It Tip: If you don't live near the coast and don't have access to live lobster, you could use lump crab meat, cooked shrimp or even imitation crab instead. 

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment