Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Skinny Yet Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup


Baby carrots, a hint of fresh ginger and a touch of sour cream are blended to create this simple yet tasty soup. Perfect for lunch or dinner.

When I was a kid we had soup every night before our main dish whether we wanted to or not. I was usually not happy about this because I was pretty picky. My mom made one meal for everyone and we had to eat it, no exceptions. No mac and cheese or chicken nuggets in my house growing up!

When it came to most soups, the only way I would eat it was when Mom put it in the blender. Once pureed I actually enjoyed it.


I mention this because I'm not a huge fan of cooked carrots, but when combined with ginger, sour cream and sauteed onions then blended I really enjoy this soup and it brings me back to those days of sitting at the kitchen table with my pureed soup.

Tip: Use baby carrots, they are sweeter and already peeled.

This is freezer-friendly, gluten-free, vegetarian, and can be made vegan by using Tofutti Better than Sour Cream. Enjoy!!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment