Friday, July 29, 2011

Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, Roasted Pepper on Whole Wheat Bread


Rustic whole wheat Italian bread, fresh mozzarella, summer tomatoes, basil and balsamic vinegar. My favorite meatless sandwich!

I live two blocks away from a really great Italian ravioli store called Pastosa. Aside from the best homemade raviolis they carry an amazing array of fresh breads from Brooklyn, homemade fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, and lots of other temping goodies. It's actually dangerous walking in there as all their mouth watering goodies are displayed right there in front of you.

Today I had a plan and didn't stray, I picked up some roasted peppers, tomatoes, a wonderful whole wheat loaf and fresh mozzarella, sliced thin (great trick to keep yourself from using too much as it is not low in fat!) I came home and picked some basil from my garden and put this delicious and satisfying lunch together.


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment