Monday, July 18, 2011

Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice


A fried rice dish made with brown rice, shrimp and pineapple. A wonderful combination of savory, sweet and spicy.

Penang in Soho used to be one of my favorite places to eat, when they closed down I was so upset. They had the best roti canai appetizer and a pineapple fried rice which they served in a hollowed out pineapple. That was the inspiration for this dish. If you rather not go through the extra work of hollowing out a pineapple, you could simply serve this in a dish. I had my friends over for dinner and they were really impressed with this flavors and presentation of this dish. My husband however thought the serving sizes should be larger, so if you're feeding hungry men, you may want to make extra. The ladies were perfectly happy with this, and it left room for dessert!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment