Thursday, July 7, 2011

Heirloom Tomato Sandwich


A juicy open faced summer tomato sandwich on crusty bread drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, a chiffonade of fresh basil, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Simplicity at it's best!

I bought the tomatoes at the farmer's market and since my air conditioner wasn't working I knew this would be my lunch. I love using fresh herbs from my garden, they always seem to taste better just knowing I grew them myself.

If you want to make a great tasting sandwich, use only the finest ingredients, period. The bread is the most important part of the sandwich in my opinion. If the bread tastes good on it's own then you know you're sandwich will be delicious. I used a fresh baked ciabatta, it has a crisp crust and a moist interior.

This sandwich required minimal effort and I'm not going to lie, I ate both servings for an 8 point lunch!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment