Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lemon Cheesecake Yogurt Cups


Lemony cheesecake cups made with Greek yogurt topped with fresh berries. Light, creamy and virtually guilt-free!

Something about lemon says summer to me, perhaps it's the color? I'm not quite sure but I do know the color yellow makes me happy and so do these little portion controlled cheesecake cups. Although these are meant to be eaten for dessert, I figured cream cheese, fruit and yogurt could easily be enjoyed for breakfast and that is exactly what I did this morning.

Use whatever berries you want or a combo of mixed berries, you could even top it with pie filling. I actually made these two ways, one way as seen in the photo, the second way I added the berries to the cheesecake cups before I baked them so the berries baked in with the cheesecake. Both ways are equally good, but the berries on top made for a prettier photo.

Mom always put vanilla wafers on the bottom of her cheesecake cups which is such a simple low-fat solution to create a crust. When the cheesecake cups bake, the cookies soften and all the flavors work together. Diabetics can use Splenda in place of sugar.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment