Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Slow Cooked Sweet Barbacoa Pork

Sweet Barbacoa Pork over Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans

Sweet and spicy slow cooked pork sweetened with brown sugar, cola, chipotle chilies, green chilies, cumin and spices. Delicious over cilantro lime rice and black beans.

This was a recipe request to make over Cafe Rio's sweet pork recipe, only problem is I've never eaten at Cafe Rio. After reading dozens of copycat recipes, I came up with my own lightened up version, which was a huge hit in my home. We had enough for several meals, and made a burrito bowl out of the leftovers with cilantro lime rice, black beans (recipe coming soon), pico de gallo, lettuce, avocado and a little low fat cheese. But this was also great served over rice.

Sweet Pork Burrito Bowl
The crock pot is parked on my counter lately, it's so helpful on the days I have to go in to work. What can beat coming home from work and smelling dinner just about ready!

Since the marinade gets tossed after it cooks, I wasn't sure how to calculate, so I counted half the sugar and cola from the marinade just to be sure. Adjust the heat to your liking, this is medium heat, if you like it hot, add more chilies, if you prefer it mild, use less. Enjoy!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment