Monday, February 17, 2014

Kale, Banana, Chia, Hemp Superfood Smoothie


Baby kale, chia seeds, banana and shelled hemp seeds – this smoothie is packed with nutrients and it's quite delicious and satisfying. It's also vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free.


If you're wondering why I haven't been around as much these past two weeks, I just spent an amazing two weeks on set in NYC for the Skinnytaste Cookbook photo shoot! It was a wonderful experience and I worked with a great group of inspiring people who truly love their job. I miss them already, but I'm also happy to get back into a normal routine and this smoothie was the perfect way to start my Monday morning!

I'm obsessed with sweetening my smoothies with dates. It's the best way to sweeten a smoothie naturally without the need to add sugar plus it adds fiber. I just wish someone would invent a date paste, it would be so much easier to dissolve in the blender (does this exist?). Until then, I find it helpful to let the dates soak in a little boiling water to soften them before adding to my blender, and I let my blender run a little longer. 

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment