Thursday, December 6, 2012

Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail


Shrimp cocktail is fine, but when I want something special, I like to have my shrimp ceviche style!


Tossed with avocados, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro and fresh lime juice... and sometimes I add a serrano pepper for zing. Served in martini glasses, it's the perfect appetizer for any special occasion and perfect for the Holidays.

I do have a few variations of this, zesty lime shrimp can be served as a side dish, but I wanted this to be more of a cocktail appetizer. You can easily make this ahead, but I would add the avocados right before serving so they don't get brown.

If you want to make a larger dish to bring to a party, this Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad in a trifle dish is quite impressive and delicious.


Note: For food safety reasons, I used cooked shrimp. While the citrus juice “cooks” the fish, it doesn’t kill the bacteria. This isn’t an issue with raw fish, but it is with shellfish like shrimp it is. If you have access to fresh shrimp off the boat, then raw shrimp would be fine.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment