Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Pot Pie Soup


Leftover turkey is delicious in turkey pot pie, so I thought why not use it to make turkey pot pie soup?

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn't do too much damage to your waistline.

I spent Thanksgiving at my Mom's house, she wouldn't have it any other way. She makes Thanksgiving look effortless, but we all brought some dishes along to contribute. I made a cauliflower gratin which turned out great, I'll be posting that soon.

And what to do with your leftover turkey? A turkey pot pie soup is comforting and a great way to use your leftover turkey. I made my own turkey stock from the turkey bones and some vegetables, but you can use canned, or even chicken broth. I took some extra pie crust I had and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter, then baked them to make little pie crust croutons, completely optional but I loved it.

Some other suggestions for Thanksgiving leftovers, Baked Turkey Croquettes are a great way to use up mashed potatoes and turkey, Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup of course is always a classic, Leftover Parmesan Mashed Potato Patties are delicious and simple, and why not at a Latin flair to your leftover turkey and make Skinny Turkey Cuban Sandwiches.

Have a great weekend!
Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment