Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mini Pecan Phyllo Tarts



These bite sized pecan tarts are the perfect "skinny" replacement for pecan pie this holiday season! They are so easy to make, and really good!

Traditional pecan pie can set you back about 480 calories! These mini tarts, are only 68 calories each, even if you eat two you are still ahead of the game! I found this neat Thanksgiving calorie counter that totals your calories and tells you how many miles you need to walk to burn them off.

Luckily I've lightened up so many Thanksgiving favorites, you can see them all here: Lightened Up Thanksgiving Recipe Index from cranberry sauce, stuffing, pumpkin pie and lots of leftover ideas.

I'm in a bit of a panic that Thanksgiving is next week! Losing power for two weeks really set me back and quite honestly, after a few days of dealing with long gas lines, no power, no traffic lights, no supermarkets, no school, no gym, I really started to lose track of time (I think I need a vacation).

Pecan pie has been requested quite a bit, so when I stumbled on these mini pecan tarts, I thought I would try them with some minor tweaks.

I  loved how they turned out and they are so stinking easy, even a beginner baker can make them. If you're in charge of dessert this Thanksgiving, give these a try, you can double the recipe to make 30.




Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment