Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Black Bean Soup



Although I'm sad summer is coming to an end, I do look forward to making homemade soups and stews. Black bean soup is a very hearty soup, super high in fiber, and so inexpensive to make. It's perfect topped with low fat sour cream and fresh chopped herbs such as chives, cilantro or scallions. Cooking the vegetables on the side, and adding it to the soup rather than cooking them all together, really adds to the flavor of this soup. If you are on Weight Watchers, soups are such a great low point, low fat meal option.

I've been getting a lot of requests for freezer meals so I've added a label to the recipes on my site that I think would freeze well, you can find them under Freezer Friendly Recipes in the right column. This soup recipe is perfect for freezing and reheating. Freezing meals by portion to use throughout the month for lunch or dinner is a great way to save time and money, and also makes counting points easier. Recipes that freeze well are soups, sauces, stews, chili, uncooked meatballs or meatloaves, and casseroles.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment