Monday, August 23, 2010

Thai Garden Veggie Wraps with Peanut Sauce



This is my new favorite lunch! I ate a big whole grain wrap stuffed with fresh veggies and herbs and was satisfied but didn't feel heavy and stuffed . I love what living in the Arizona heat does to inspire me to come up with these quick, light meals. I suppose there's not much else to do other than sit around indoors and think about food since it's to stinking hot to go outside!

At first I was simply going to toss the veggies with lime juice and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and hot chile flakes for some kick, but then I started craving a peanuty sauce. It was so perfect and was my favorite part. It helped the little guys gobble them up too!




*Flavor with fresh herbs and citrus instead of mayo, salt or jarred marinades.





What you will need: 
2 carrots, julienned
1 seedless cucumber, peeled and juliened
1 red bell pepper, seeded and juliened
broccoli slaw
big handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
handful of fresh basil, thinly sliced
whole grain wraps/tortillas
toasted sesame seeds
hot chile flakes ( optional) 
* mint or cilantro would be good too, I just used what I had on hand.

For the peanut sauce: 
2 big spoonfuls of All Natural peanut butter or Tahini paste
1/4 cup Tamari (similar to soy sauce, minus the additives and less sodium)
2 limes, juiced
dried onion flakes
Whisk all ingredients together in large measuring cup. Fill the wraps with veggies and herbs and drizzle sauce over the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment