Friday, May 21, 2010

Lighter Baked Macaroni and Cheese



I have gotten many requests to make a low point mac and cheese recipe. Here's a baked macaroni and cheese recipe that even got my skeptical daughter's approval.

I lightened this by reducing the butter, I replaced cream with skim milk and chicken broth, and I added some fresh baby spinach. I liked Sargento 2% cheddar cheese because after trying several cheddars, this was the one I felt tasted best and melted beautifully. I also use Ronzoni Smart Taste which is less points than regular pasta, with the same great taste. Whole wheat or low carb pasta would work with the same points too.

If you want to make this a quick stove top mac and cheese, you can serve it without the breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Points remain the same. Next time I make this I'll play around with using other vegetables like mushrooms or broccoli, and possibly try it with a variety of reduced fat cheeses.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment