Monday, March 17, 2014

Creamy Asparagus Leek Soup with Creme Fraiche

A delicious, creamy asparagus soup.

Keeping things green today in the spirit of St Patrick's Day! Cream of asparagus is one of my favorite Spring soups. The addition of leeks, a relative of onions, scallions and shallots gives this soup a wonderful subtle flavor. But the star here is a touch of creme fraiche added on top, which I like to swirl in to my soup for a creamy delicious finish.


My daughter Madison loves helping me in the kitchen, here I let her snap off the tough ends of the asparagus – she's a pro!

Creme fraiche is wonderfully creamy, and a bit thinner than sour cream. If that's not available near you can swap it for sour cream or even Greek yogurt. If you want to go dairy-free, you can of course leave it out, it will still taste wonderful. Enjoy!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment