Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bell Pepper and Potato Frittata

Egg frittatas are EASY and inexpensive – perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! This St Patricks Day Frittata is made with yukon Gold potatoes and bell peppers to create shamrocks!

Egg frittatas are my answer to an easy, inexpensive meal solution whether I'm having it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. For breakfast, I'll serve this with a side of berries or fruit. For dinner, I make a salad on the side and call it a meal!

You can literally throw anything into a frittata and call it a meal, but I thought it would be fun to make this one a St Patricks Day theme which of coarse MUST have yukon gold potatoes, and to create a shamrock design, I sliced my bell peppers into flower shapes – completely optional! This one's vegetarian, perfect if you need a meatless Monday dish idea, and it's naturally gluten-free.


I'm not sure if there's anything quite as beautiful as farm fresh eggs. A friend of mine is raising chickens in her yard and gave me some of her eggs and the colors were so beautiful I almost didn't want to crack them. The yolks are so orange, it's hard to believe I made this frittata with half egg whites.


If you want to see more Skinny St Patrick's Day recipe ideas, Target's blog: A Bullseye View did a roundup of some of their favorite Green Skinnytaste recipe, click here to see more!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment