Monday, October 21, 2013

Breakfast Egg White Spinach Enchilada Omelets

 

Enchiladas are one of my favorite all time favorite Mexican comfort foods. But enchiladas for breakfast you might ask? Well I say yes, why not! These are low-carb, gluten-free and grain-free by using egg whites as my "tortilla" – they turned out awesome! You can also have them for dinner – perfect for Meatless Mondays!


These are basically glorified egg white omelets, stuffed with sauteed spinach and topped with enchilada sauce, avocado and cheese. Prep them ahead and bake when ready to serve,  make them as hot or mild as you want. I used Frontera green chile enchilada sauce to speed this up, but I also think this would be awesome with homemade red enchilada sauce.  If you follow a Paleo diet, simply leave the cheese off.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment