Friday, September 13, 2013

Skinny Pumpkin Spiced Snickerdoodles


These cookies should really come with a warning label, because they are so good and hard to stop at just one! A snickerdoodle is a type of sugar cookie made with cream of tartar and rolled in cinnamon sugar. This pumpkin spice version was inspired by my Skinny Snickerdoodles. I wanted to see what would happen if I coated them with pumpkin spice instead – pumpkin spice heaven!


They are lighter than traditional Snickerdoodles, made with white whole wheat flour, but they taste every bit as sinful. I notices some people commented on the original skickerdoodle recipe that the dough was too dry, and yes, the dough will be dry. I've made them several times with success; using wet hands to form them into balls is a must and will help moisten the dough. Next time I make these, I may add a little more pumpkin spice to the dough to make them extra pumpkin-licious!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment