Thursday, August 15, 2013

Matcha Green Tea Shots


These healthy energy shots give you a BLAST of antioxidants, the perfect afternoon pick-me-up for a healthy Happy Hour!

I'm in love with Matcha, not just because of the antioxidants, or because it has two amino acids (theophylline and L-theanine) which have both an energizing and calming effect (which explains why Buddhist monks have been drinking Matcha for centuries!)

I really just love the taste of Matcha, more than I enjoy drinking a regular cup of green tea. Because it's a fine powder form of the tea leaf, it quickly dissolves in anything you put it in, hot or cold, so if I want to drink it cold, I just mix it in – no heating required!



This is so easy, and takes just 1 minute to make. I combine sweetened vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk and Matcha powder – then shake, shake, shake! That's it! You could even use unsweetened almond milk and a few drops of stevia.

For a quick afternoon pick me up, rather than reaching for a cup of coffee (which I prefer to drink in the mornings) I go for Matcha instead. It's the perfect pick me up without the jitters.


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment