Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Baked Eggplant Parmesan Boats with Sausage


A fun twist on eggplant parmesan - these eggplant "boats" are hollowed out and stuffed with sweet Italian chicken sausage and tomato sauce, then topped with melted mozzarella – Oh ma gaaaa!


I've been dreaming up this recipe since last year when I created my Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats. If you love eggplant parmesan these are going to knock your socks off! My husband loved these even more than the zucchini actually, but he's also more of an eggplant guy. I thought these were fabulous, you gotta give them a try!


I picked up some white eggplant at the farmer's market because they looked like the perfect size to make these boats. You could use any variety as long as they aren't too large. The pulp that gets scooped out goes right back into the stuffing so nothing gets wasted. One boat is a complete meal and super filling, you can serve it with a side salad if you have the room!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment