Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lobster Fettuccine in a light Béchamel Sauce



























Instead of talking about how much today sucked big time, I'm going to harness my inner  Chi  and  focus on Lobster Fettuccine. It's my happy place.

 HuummmmMmmmmmmm...................



Tomorrow will be a better day. I know it. Period. No big deal, don't worry friends just another day working in surgery with a few surprises and challenges. Nothing a pair of comfy jamies, a glass of wine and a bowl of creamy lobster pasta won't fix. Tomorrow I have the day off and can hopefully spend time with my children and remember what the important things in my life are. Snuggling babies is God's way of gifting you free therapy.












This was supposed to be a Mother's day post, about a wonderful and perfect lobster fettuccine. Perhaps it still is. Food can be a comfort. That does not necessarily mean the usual heavy foods but for me, in finding healthier versions of my favorite dishes. I also find true comfort and peace in times of true  struggle when holding my children (unless they're screaming and fighting in which case their dad finds comfort in them). The snuggles and kissed along my arm that my 3 year old gives me for no reason, the way my 6 year old runs up to the front door every time I come home, how my independent, 'non affectionate' 8 year old son every once and a while really needs a secret hug and kiss before bed. I focus on the fact that my teenage son just finished his first year of college and is on his way home, God bless safely and that although he is strong willed and somewhat stubborn and naive I have faith that he will become a good man.








It is not like me to be so...... I don't know what. Spiritual? Emotional? Goofy? But after a day like today I find blessed peace in focusing on the things that are truly important to me and letting  GO  of the rest of the junk. I've learned that stressing out about things that are in the past and that I have no control of are poison to my well being. That is definitely not to say that I have mastered this concept but that I am getting much better at letting these things go.

Kind of.

Maybe.

It's a work in progress.





Let's just focus on pasta shall we?



1 package fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions
2 cups cooked lobster pieces ~  2 tails or if you're lucky enough you can find them in the frozen department from Costco or Trader Joe's like I do.
1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth or water 
1 1/2 cups  thick coconut milk from a can 
1 shallot ~ substitute w 1/4 cup scallion (white part of green onion) 
small handful fresh parsley, chopped 
1 teaspoon dried tarragon 
2 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped 
1 teaspoon salt 
freshly cracked pepper to taste 
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat sauté shallot 2-3 minutes. Add tarragon, thyme and salt. Stir.  
Pour in wine and deglaze pan using flat spoon. Turn down heat to low and cook 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened and reduced.  Add cooked lobster pieces, pour in coconut milk and  add parsley and  pepper.











I am submitting this post to Tasty Tuesday's 































No comments:

Post a Comment