Thursday, March 18, 2010

Yogurt Parfait Comparison




I have heard about how healthy Kashi cereals were but figured they probably tasted like cardboard. I recently came across a recipe for protein breakfast/snack bars that sounded yummy (will be posting this soon) and it called for a couple of different Kashi cereals. I bought this box also because it looked yummy and the ingredients and nutrition facts were impressive. I must say it was very yummy!
Not to hard like granola and was naturally sweetened by the berries.
Try It, you'll love it! I will be eating this for breakfast on top of my plain fat free yogurt or Greek yogurt, which is thick and creamy, when I don't feel like making something or am in a hurry.


Kashi cereals are filled with whole grains, fiber and protein. One cup of Kashi go Lean contains 140 calories, 10 grams of fiber and 13 grams of protein.


Compare that to Quaker Oats Honey Granola, it may sound healthy but with 210 calories, 6 grams of fat and 12 grams of sugar per 1/2 cup serving you would be better off eating a Pop Tart!

No comments:

Post a Comment