Monday, June 3, 2013

Quinoa and Spinach Patties

 Vegetarian, meatless mondays, clean eating

Happy Monday! These quinoa patties are a delicious meatless dish, they almost make me think I'm eating a chicken cutlet or meatball, without the meat of course yet they are packed with protein and nutrients from quinoa and spinach.

I'm really excited about this recipe adapted from Heidi Swanson's cookbook Super Natural Every Day. Her original recipe calls for kale, but since I made them on a whim, all I had was spinach and that worked out just fine. My (meat-loving) husband even thought they were great.


These actually made enough for several meals, so I had one topped mine with a poached egg for breakfast which was super yummy, and the rest I served as a main course for dinner with a big avocado salad and quite felt satisfied. I can't help thinking how good this would be with melted cheese on top in place of a burger to make it more of a veggie-quinoa burger. May have to try that soon! These patties are inexpensive to make, can be adapted for gluten-free diets, they are vegetarian which is also perfect for Meatless Mondays and are made with clean ingredients. Hope you enjoy!!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment