Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chicken Ropa Vieja



Shredded chicken breast with peppers and onions and lots of Latin flavor. Cuban cuisine is a favorite of mine and Ropa Vieja, traditionally made with shredded skirt steak, cumin, peppers and onions is a flavorful dish usually served with white rice and plantain. Chicken makes a wonderful lighter alternative to this recipe. A great way to keep your meat dishes low in points is to use meat as a condiment and add lots of vegetables. I find cooking the chicken first in my crock pot makes this easier, but you can cook it on the stove as well. To make this with beef, substitute the chicken breast with skirt steak.

I used my leftovers to make a burrito bowl (I love Chipotle!) for lunch the next day served over brown Cilantro lime rice, Southwestern black bean salad, lettuce and shredded cheese and it was fabulous and healthy!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment