Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pasta with Bolognese Sauce



Bolognese sauce is a ground beef ragú made with pancetta, onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, wine, and cream.

Everyone raves about my Bolognese sauce. I never really thought of it as a light dish and I usually make it when I have a large crowd over for dinner.

I decided to tweak my recipe to make this lighter version by using lean chopped beef, reducing the butter and using half and half instead of heavy cream. Results were just as amazing as always and quite frankly, you would never know the difference. The trick to a good Bolognese sauce is the longer it cooks, the better it tastes so this is a perfect Sunday meal. Let this simmer on low at least an hour and a half or up to 3 hours if you have the time.

Serve it over pasta or even spaghetti squash, enjoy!!
Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment