Saturday, September 8, 2012

Oven Roasted Tomatoes


Summer plum tomatoes roasted in the oven with garlic and herbs make an easy and delicious sauce that will fill your kitchen with an intoxicating aroma.


The end of summer means using up my garden vegetables and herbs before the weather changes. It seems I wait all summer long for my tomatoes to ripen, then I wind up with so many tomatoes I don't know what to do with them!

One of my favorite things to do with tomatoes this time of year is to roast them. The flavors of the tomatoes get concentrated and makes a wonderful sauce for serving over pasta or freezing for the future.  If you think four pounds of tomatoes is a lot, you'll be surprised! Four pounds reduced down to the contents of this jar.

What else do I like to do with my end of summer tomatoes? I have tons of recipes that use fresh tomatoes, but these recipes are a must!


Tomato Bisque - one of my favorite soups and perfect this time of year
Panzanella Salad - Using a good crusty bread is a must here!
Easy Garden Tomato Sauce - Perfect for grape tomatoes
Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches - So simple and delicious!
Heirloom Tomato Salad - I can eat this with some crusty bread and call it a meal!
Tomato, Mozzarella and Arugula Tower - A perfect meatless Monday lunch

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment